Trouble Loading Game or Games Crashing

Started by selfdefiant, October 03, 2014, 09:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdefiant

We have had a few players have problems either loading Flash Games or having problems with the games crashing. We have done much research and have found a few helpful links.

https://www.zyngaplayersupport.com/article/All/flash-error-technical-solutions-en_US?loc=en_US

https://www.zyngaplayersupport.com/article/zynga-com/The-following-plugin-has-crashed-Shockwave-Flash-on-Google-Chrome-browser-en_US

These links have helped several others and we hope it will help you too!

All the best,
Melting-Mindz Team

Erzsi

Hello Selfdefiant and everybody,

I need some help and I have a few questions (again :) )
First of all I'd like to thank you the links.
I checked my PC and theoretically it's okay. The Flash and NPAPI both are 15 version (automatically updated). I use Firefox (automaticaly updated).
I had to reload the game yesterday twice because it stopped (auto save worked :) ) Later, while I was playing, the game refilled itself ???.
Another problem is that I can use the forum hardly. Especially during the live game. It's loading slowly, at least for me. I was able to say hello to the others yesterday. Is it possible that's because of the distance, or perhaps we are many at the same time? Maybe there are a lot of data on this site?
BTW, the one of links says shut off the Anti-virus program. In fact, it makes the PC slow but is it really good thing to turn off it? I mean, you need something protection, right?

Thanks for help or any tips.

selfdefiant

Quote from: Erzsi on October 04, 2014, 01:07:54 PM
Hello Selfdefiant and everybody,

I need some help and I have a few questions (again :) )
First of all I'd like to thank you the links.
I checked my PC and theoretically it's okay. The Flash and NPAPI both are 15 version (automatically updated). I use Firefox (automaticaly updated).
I had to reload the game yesterday twice because it stopped (auto save worked :) ) Later, while I was playing, the game refilled itself ???.
Another problem is that I can use the forum hardly. Especially during the live game. It's loading slowly, at least for me. I was able to say hello to the others yesterday. Is it possible that's because of the distance, or perhaps we are many at the same time? Maybe there are a lot of data on this site?
BTW, the one of links says shut off the Anti-virus program. In fact, it makes the PC slow but is it really good thing to turn off it? I mean, you need something protection, right?

Thanks for help or any tips.
I'm trying to make the site load faster and yes, when there are several people on the site it is slower. Now about shutting off the antivirus, it should be ok as long as you remember to turn it back on! ;)

Erzsi

Again, thanks for the help and you're  trying to help us.  :)

selfdefiant

I recently changed the script that loads the game. I think it might have fixed everyone's problems. If you were having problems and can now play, please let me know!
http://www.melting-mindz.com/Spooky-Island-Survival-Escape-Day-3.php
Thanks!
SD

JJK58

selfdefiant

Quote from: JJK58 on October 09, 2014, 01:46:02 PM
Nope, I still crashed.
Would you mind checking the game on Yizzim? http://www.yizzim.com/Spooky-Island-Survival-Escape-Day-4.php
If the game works good there, I know what the problem is. :)

JJK58

I was able to get through that game with no problem.

Thanks

selfdefiant

Thanks for letting me know. It's the in game ad causing it. I am using a different ad provider on Yizzim.

travelingguru

Hello Selfdefiant....

Having problems with all the games. They load up just fine, but then crash mid-way thru... or most times sooner.  What could be the problem?  You are my favorite game site!  And I really miss playing your games.  :(   
Any thoughts as to what is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated....

selfdefiant

Quote from: travelingguru on October 19, 2014, 03:58:21 PM
Hello Selfdefiant....

Having problems with all the games. They load up just fine, but then crash mid-way thru... or most times sooner.  What could be the problem?  You are my favorite game site!  And I really miss playing your games.  :(   
Any thoughts as to what is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated....
I'm not quite sure what causes this. Can you try to play the latest game on Yizzim? We have a different advertising network there, that could be the problem.
http://www.yizzim.com/Pirate-Ship-Survival-Escape-Day-4.php

travelingguru

Thank you Selfdefiant!   Yizzim worked fine.  :)   However, I'm back on the melting-mindz site now, and it's working fine again.  So, don't know what that was all about before!  ??? Lol!!   

Anyway, just glad I didn't loose your site all together.  I love your games, and will not be without them!   :)   Thanks for making my game playing so much fun!

selfdefiant

Quote from: travelingguru on October 20, 2014, 03:45:26 PM
Thank you Selfdefiant!   Yizzim worked fine.  :)   However, I'm back on the melting-mindz site now, and it's working fine again.  So, don't know what that was all about before!  ??? Lol!!   

Anyway, just glad I didn't loose your site all together.  I love your games, and will not be without them!   :)   Thanks for making my game playing so much fun!
That's great news! I wish I knew exactly what it was so I could fix it because I would!!

Storm

SD first thank you for all your attention to our need to play a smooth game.  I too have been having problems playing games on this site and getting on the forum lately. But it only with melting-mindz.com site for some reason. I do not experience game crashing or lagging or intrusive  hostile Ads takeover with the games on ODD Soul site.  Do you know why?  Also, this issue on melting-mindz site started recently, and it's seems to be getting worse.  Some days I just avoid the site, which I don't like to do..but the adverse affects takes away from my enjoying your games.  Also, I check my computer -all updates are in place...and like I said it's with this site that I experience problems.   

selfdefiant

Quote from: Storm on October 22, 2014, 01:47:05 PM
SD first thank you for all your attention to our need to play a smooth game.  I too have been having problems playing games on this site and getting on the forum lately. But it only with melting-mindz.com site for some reason. I do not experience game crashing or lagging or intrusive  hostile Ads takeover with the games on ODD Soul site.  Do you know why?  Also, this issue on melting-mindz site started recently, and it's seems to be getting worse.  Some days I just avoid the site, which I don't like to do..but the adverse affects takes away from my enjoying your games.  Also, I check my computer -all updates are in place...and like I said it's with this site that I experience problems.
I'm not sure, I haven't made any changes. You are a premium member, you shouldn't be seeing any ads while playing anyway. :) I will try to see why this is happening!