Spooky Asylum

Started by selfdefiant, September 13, 2017, 09:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdefiant

You were feeling sad and wanted to be alone, so you decided to go for a walk. You came across an old asylum that you had never seen before. Not thinking about any danger, you went inside to explore. Now, you are locked inside and must figure out how to escape before it's too late!

http://melting-mindz.com/Spooky-Asylum.swf

Storm

Thank you, SD for an Awesome and Outstanding game!  It's been a long time but always worth the wait.  I found the game challenging, which I love.  I totally had to awaken the gray cells on this one, the gold key was difficult to find, had to check the chatroom for the clue, ( I was glad I wasn't the only one lost trying to find it).  Additionally, the skull I didn't think to go back to it, found that in the chatroom as well.  It took me 4465 seconds, but I found the game enjoyable.
I look forward to another soon, please.

Geminate

Another find the gems, place the gems, then escape game.  Easy and quick, one glitch with orbs collection.  Liked the few sound effects (needs more in order to build realism).  So much potential to build on to and do new things, but the game author sticks to the tried and tired presentation.  There is no real scare factor, it isn't spooky and there is no tension.  I would like to be afraid to go into the next room, that level of fear and anxiety is what is missing.

selfdefiant

Quote from: Geminate on October 02, 2017, 08:07:52 PM
Another find the gems, place the gems, then escape game.  Easy and quick, one glitch with orbs collection.  Liked the few sound effects (needs more in order to build realism).  So much potential to build on to and do new things, but the game author sticks to the tried and tired presentation.  There is no real scare factor, it isn't spooky and there is no tension.  I would like to be afraid to go into the next room, that level of fear and anxiety is what is missing.

I would love to make the games more intriguing and scary. What are some suggestions? I need to know what to put in there! I honestly should play more games and see what others do, any suggestions?

2L82Pray

This was the very first game I found of yours. Coming back to replay it, it was just as fun the second time :)

As to your request for suggestions:
I did particularly enjoy the dog in the window and the coffin room with skeletons. God I've played so many I can't remember their names anymore  :o . I would agree a few more sound effects would be good: water dripping, maybe random screams of torture in the background/distance, moaning, pipes rattling...If you really want to build scary realism, use a darker theme music, but tone down the music just a little so the sound effects come through more. Sometimes, quiet is the scariest thing of all. Also, there was one where there were shadows moving quickly in the background just out of sight (ghosts). But at this point, I'm so addicted I'll keep playing even if you don't change a thing. I'm having to go back to play old games to satisfy my addiction until you finish a new one.

selfdefiant

Thanks! It really helps to hear suggestions! I can add more of those things in, no problem. :)

Geminate

I have tried to email you (SD) in the past with the Members List email you that you give but I don't get any responses.  There I have outlined several ideas but I guess your email doesn't work.

selfdefiant

Quote from: Geminate on May 07, 2018, 09:08:27 PM
I have tried to email you (SD) in the past with the Members List email you that you give but I don't get any responses.  There I have outlined several ideas but I guess your email doesn't work.
info@melting-mindz.com should work. If not just PM me here. :)