Bug Report for SelfDefiant

Started by ratman, October 02, 2014, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratman

Hello,
    My mom is having some trouble playing your games.  I recently formatted her computer (Win7 64 bit) and now the games are slow to react and do not save, even with the Flash file size limit on unlimited.  What's going on here?

selfdefiant

Hello, I'm not sure, it could be the browser, are you using Internet Explorer? Also do you have the latest version of Flash Player? I hope she can get it figured out!!

ratman

Quote from: selfdefiant on October 02, 2014, 03:02:46 PM
Hello, I'm not sure, it could be the browser, are you using Internet Explorer? Also do you have the latest version of Flash Player? I hope she can get it figured out!!

She's on IE 11 and Flash Player 15 ActiveX

AnnieK

I'd try installing a few more browsers. My favorites are Opera, Safari (for Windows), and Firefox, in that order.

I usually play on Opera, and never had much trouble. :)

ratman

Quote from: AnnieK on October 03, 2014, 10:11:24 PM
I'd try installing a few more browsers. My favorites are Opera, Safari (for Windows), and Firefox, in that order.

I usually play on Opera, and never had much trouble. :)

Now on Flash 16 and IE 11 and still having problems.  It's very slow almost as if it's a bandwidth issue, but the games run great on my big tower

ratman

latest version of FireFox makes no difference as well

selfdefiant

We use the latest version of Flash and publish to that. IE have always had problems. I always use Google Chrome and have never had a problem.

AnnieK

I have found that it can also often help to go into the Flash settings (right-click inside a Flash game frame and choose Settings)  and raise the storage limit size and give various other permissions (if you trust the site). There are 5 icons on the little settings panel, they are tabs - look at each and see if authorizing the site helps. :)

catmom

Hello, SD!
Sneaky's Dungeon is not loading on the Premium Members Forum. All I get is your blue opening screen and the game never starts. Just letting you know! Cheers, Smokejaguar

AnnieK

Oh, yeah, I had that too. I right-clicked it and saw that Play wasn't ticked. After I ticked it, the game started.

selfdefiant

Quote from: smokejaguar on January 04, 2015, 02:18:00 AM
Hello, SD!
Sneaky's Dungeon is not loading on the Premium Members Forum. All I get is your blue opening screen and the game never starts. Just letting you know! Cheers, Smokejaguar
Fixed! Thanks!

selfdefiant

Quote from: smokejaguar on January 04, 2015, 02:18:00 AM
Hello, SD!
Fixed! Thanks for becoming a premium member!! :)

lonewolf1

hi SD and everyone.  i have been away for about three weeks.  i was in the hospital and nearly died.  i am so glad to be alive and home.  i have a lot to catch up on. 

selfdefiant

Quote from: lonewolf1 on January 15, 2015, 09:31:02 PM
hi SD and everyone.  i have been away for about three weeks.  i was in the hospital and nearly died.  i am so glad to be alive and home.  i have a lot to catch up on.
Hope you are ok! I'm glad to hear you are alive and home! :)

lonewolf1

yes i am ok now.  the docs gave me a medicine that i was allergic to and it nearly killed me.  thank you for caring.   :)