Premium User Membership

Started by selfdefiant, August 26, 2014, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdefiant

We are working hard to supply the best new games here at Melting-Mindz.com. It's hard work to keep up with the demand of the players. They can't get enough of our games! We realize that some players wish to have a hassle free game playing experience. With these thoughts in mind we have decided to offer a Premium user subscription. With this each user will get to play each new game the instant it is released, they can be notified via email. Each game will be without advertisements, the forum will become advertisement free as well. There will be special games that will only be accessible to these users and there will be other special incentives for these Premium users. Each subscription will cost $15 per 3 months. The fee helps to keep an ad free experience and help with the cost of game development. If you are interested just sign up to our forum and apply to become a premium member! Thanks for helping support Melting-Mindz games!

Click here to become a Premium Member!

AnnieK

Even without extra special incentives, this is always my preferred option to show my appreciation for my favorite sites.

I am glad to support the deserving people who add so much fun to my day, and do so often, given a chance (even on sites where sponsoring is entirely optional and doesn't actually enable any extras at all) - but not by putting up with garish, distracting and annoying ads, especially considering that they are every so often hacked, and an accidental click can lead to getting malware installed in my computer.

Good choice.  :)

selfdefiant

Quote from: AnnieK on September 02, 2014, 06:38:50 PM
Even without extra special incentives, this is always my preferred option to show my appreciation for my favorite sites.

I am glad to support the deserving people who add so much fun to my day, and do so often, given a chance (even on sites where sponsoring is entirely optional and doesn't actually enable any extras at all) - but not by putting up with garish, distracting and annoying ads, especially considering that they are every so often hacked, and an accidental click can lead to getting malware installed in my computer.

Good choice.  :)
Thanks!

Storm

Anniek...likewise, ditto I feel you on all accounts..

Pahsimeroi

Ok.  I can't seem to locate a Membership access link.   

Pahs 

AnnieK

I have to admit it wasn't easy to find for me either.  Perhaps SelfDefiant should leave clues! ;)

Press the Profile tab, and then press the Actions tab.

Another option might be to go directly to http://melting-mindz.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u= < add your site member number here, to the end of the URL; i.e., for you (user #322), the full link would be: http://melting-mindz.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=322   :)

ETA: Hi Storm, thanks for the comment!

Annie

Pahsimeroi

Ah.  Game-like to find the link.  Very SD.  Clever.  Well I found it.  Should have looked more carefully.  Many thanks AnnieK.

Pahs

selfdefiant

I didn't realize that it was so tricky to become premium. I will try to get it fixed. Got it fixed!  :) Thank you everyone for the support!

Storm

Question to SD...

SD...I view your request for Premium User Membership and really love the idea...as posted, AnnieK express my feelings explicitly, which is why I am very interested in your proposition. 

However, I did not respond right away because, first, it was difficult to navigate or understand how to become a member...information and navigation was lacking, as I did not know I had to look under account for Premium membership options.  ...Pahsimeroi was right it you were not clear.   Second, I do not like that my "only" payment option to become a Premium User is to use PayPal.  I don't trust PayPal and have read the reviews behind them.  I really believe in you and love your games, but my GOD give me a serious sense of being, allow me to have "options.

I want to become a Premium User, but allow the user, myself,  to pay they way which I feel somewhat safe using, and PayPal is not one of those payment accounts I trust.

So what do I do if I want to become a Premium User but do not want to go through PayPal.  Please respond...always, you are my main man for escape and fun games.

selfdefiant

Quote from: Storm on September 04, 2014, 07:34:19 PM
Question to SD...

SD...I view your request for Premium User Membership and really love the idea...as posted, AnnieK express my feelings explicitly, which is why I am very interested in your proposition. 

However, I did not respond right away because, first, it was difficult to navigate or understand how to become a member...information and navigation was lacking, as I did not know I had to look under account for Premium membership options.  ...Pahsimeroi was right it you were not clear.   Second, I do not like that my "only" payment option to become a Premium User is to use PayPal.  I don't trust PayPal and have read the reviews behind them.  I really believe in you and love your games, but my GOD give me a serious sense of being, allow me to have "options.

I want to become a Premium User, but allow the user, myself,  to pay they way which I feel somewhat safe using, and PayPal is not one of those payment accounts I trust.

So what do I do if I want to become a Premium User but do not want to go through PayPal.  Please respond...always, you are my main man for escape and fun games.
I'm not sure about this. The only payment I can choose from is paypal. You don't have to have a paypal account to send me money through paypal. You can use credit card, check , debit card, I think. If you want to just send me the money for the membership somehow, I can work out the rest. I've used paypal for 8 years or more and have never had a problem but I do know a few people who hate it. :) We are all allowed to make our own choices, thank goodness for that! I totally understand where you are coming from. :) I will try to figure out other payment options in the mean time. :)

Pahsimeroi

If you follow the links through you Profile and pay through PayPal you are given the options there to use VISA, MC or Amex.  I use Amex almost exclusively since they will reverse unauthorized charges should they appear from PayPal or others unknown sources.  Amex is very good about honoring reversals for unauthorized charges from any source.  That's why I use my Amex almost exclusively.  Its the safest way to make transactions online.  I've never had a problem with them for over 15 years.  In others words, the payment options offered here are safe.

Pahs

Storm

SD and Pahs thank you both for your reponses...

SD thank you for your consideration of my concerns and other payment methods. :D

sally

Quote from: selfdefiant on August 26, 2014, 04:23:45 PM
We are working hard to supply the best new games here at Melting-Mindz.com. It's hard work to keep up with the demand of the players. They can't get enough of our games! We realize that some players wish to have a hassle free game playing experience. With these thoughts in mind we have decided to offer a Premium user subscription. With this each user will get to play each new game the instant it is released, they can be notified via email. Each game will be without advertisements, the forum will become advertisement free as well. There will be special games that will only be accessible to these users and there will be other special incentives for these Premium users. Each subscription will cost $15 per 3 months. The fee helps to keep an ad free experience and help with the cost of game development. If you are interested just sign up to our forum and apply to become a premium member! Thanks for helping support Melting-Mindz games!

Click here to become a Premium Member!

Hi Selfdefiant,

I Really love your games, especially the beach houses and asylum series.
Just when I thought I would rather pay for your games and play without ads...I discovered the premium membership. wow!

I subscribed immediately and paid in september.
When does this premium membership start? I havenĀ“t received any mails with game links yet and am still playing the SD games  with loads of ads.
Do I have to do anything else besides subscribing and paying?

selfdefiant

Hello Sally,
You can play all of the latest games here in the forum in the premium users area. :)
Here's the link. You can also turn ads off here on the forum, they are on by default. You can go to your profile and turn them off. :)

sally

Thank you, SD!  :)
now trying to find the "ads-off"-button in my profile... ;)