Games Not Loading Solution!

Started by selfdefiant, February 03, 2015, 09:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdefiant

We hope this helps anyone experiencing issues loading the games!! Thanks so much 1sky1heart!
Quote from: 1sky1heart on February 03, 2015, 08:34:40 AM
I joined this forum today because I was ALSO having a problem getting self-defiant games to load on many sites. This was a problem loading other games too.
I was getting 2032 error messages in the flash player screen, or other times just a white or a black screen.

I found a solution that worked for me. Maybe it will also help other people who are having problems with the flash player not loading melting-mindz, oddsoul and yazzim games (and other games as well).

The solution for me was to clear both caches of flash player and macromedia.

I had to get tech support from adobe (the makers of Flash Player) to find out how to do this because I couldn't find those folders. Just deleting Local Storage Settings from the Storage tab of the Flash Player Settings Manager (the applet) and deleting Browser Settings and Data from the Advanced tab of the  Flash Player Settings Manager (the applet) DIDN'T work!

Here's what Adobe told me:

Remove Flash Player cache

On your computer, select Start > Run. (On Windows 7, click Start and type in Search Programs and Files .)

Type %appdata%\Adobe and click OK.
    Delete the Flash Player folder.

Repeat step 1 and type %appdata%\Macromedia.
    Delete the Flash Player folder.

Also,  some gamers may have a related problem getting games to load if the Hardware Acceleration option is clicked in the Global Settings Manager.

De-select Hardware Acceleration Box in Global Settings

To open Global Settings Manager:

Right click on any flash screen opened to a loaded game.

From the drop-down menu select:
                     Global Settings

UN-check the Hardware Acceleration box.

Close the Global Settings Manager by clicking anywhere on the active game screen.

I hope this helps other users. It was a problem for me for over a year and Firefox users especially report the not-loading problem.

Happy gaming!

1sky1heart

YW, SD.

:-[

Copy/paste errors!  Sorry, but I should make a correction to the last portion of that post which was:

QuoteDe-select Hardware Acceleration Box in Global Settings

To open Global Settings Manager:

Global Settings

UN-check the Hardware Acceleration box.

Close the Global Settings Manager by clicking anywhere on the active game screen.

These instructions should be:

De-select Hardware Acceleration Box in Adobe Flash Player Settings

To open Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager:

Settings

UN-check the Enable Hardware Acceleration box.

Close the Settings Manager by clicking on the close button.

Beyza

Millions of thanx! Helped me a lot

EscapeFox

How do you do this on a linux (Ubuntu) system? I haven't been able to play SD games for a while now.

EscapeFox

I give up. Nothing I do makes the games open. This is annoying since SD games have been my favorites for the last couple of years.

EscapeFox

That's odd. I can now play Desolation the Forgotten but not Desolation the Conjuring

1sky1heart

Sorry you are having flash problems, EscapeFox  :(

In July (I think), Adobe announced that Firefox blocks Adobe Flash NPAPI plugin for 11.2.202.481 and earlier because of some serious security issues.
Everyone panicked.
Someone pointed out two things: 1) it is the FF browser that was blocking Flash Player from working and 2) the problem was fixed by simply updating to the next version of Flash Player: version 18.00.209 for Windows OS, and version 11.2.202.481 for Linux OS.

Adobe Security Bulletin July 17, 2015 recommends Linux users update Flash Player to Flash Player for Linux version 11.2.202.481. When installing the latest Flash Player version for Linux, updates are available.

That Security Bulletin is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-16.html

The Linux version 11.2.202.481 update is here, and once the page is opened, Adobe will identify your current version of FP and provide a link to the latest version that is suitable for your operating system and browser:

http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash

Here are some other links below that you may find helpful for installing, using and troubleshooting Flash Player on Linux OS, and using Ubuntu browser. Just to add: you may already be using Flash Player version 11.2.202.481 for Linux, but if you are having problems with it, it may be helpful to uninstall it and do a fresh install (and remember to check for updates after).

I hope this helps.  :)

1. UPDATE: As of 2015/07/16, Adobe released 11.2.202.491 which fixes all known issues for PPAPI and NPAPI and updates are available for Ubuntu:

Timeline

2015 Jul 14: Adobe releases flash plugin security update for PPAPI ahead of NPAPI
    2015 Jul 14: Ubuntu Security contacts Adobe regarding NPAPI. Ubuntu told NPAPI plugin will be ready soon
    2015 Jul 14: Ubuntu releases adobeflash-plugin and flashplugin-nonfree with updates for PPAPI only
    2015 Jul 16: Adobe releases updates for NPAPI (11.2.202.491)
    2015 Jul 16: Ubuntu releases adobeflash-plugin and flashplugin-nonfree with updates for NPAPI (11.2.202.491), including
                        the previous PPAPI fixes

http://askubuntu.com/questions/579476/flash-player-blocked

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/KnowledgeBase/FirefoxAndAdobeFlashNPAPI

2. Adobe Security Bulletin
Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player
Release date: July 14, 2015
Last updated: July 16, 2015

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-18.html

3. Flash Player and Linux information, how-to

https://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer

MMFan

Trig

The solution from 1SkyHeart1 still is working!
I was having many games pop up saying install adobe flash when it was installed. Nice work!

jennp55

1sky1heart You are an absolute genius!!!!!
I was so frustrated because I couldnt play any of the abandoned, asylum, abyss, and axylem games. They are my favorite and I love to play them again in between new SD games. I followed your instructions and finally they are loading again!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

1sky1heart

That's super, jenn! Happy gamers are the best  ;D