Blunders

Started by Erzsi, July 16, 2014, 12:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erzsi

I would like to ask you, which tasks are difficult to solve for you? What do you try before you find out the solution or ask for help? I laugh at myself a lot because of my failed attempts. If you have a story or will be, tell us. Because the laughing is good thing. :D I'll start.

I'm from Hungary. I learn English on my own, and is difficult for me :(. Thus the words and scrabbles always confuse me. It happend with Deaf Badge in Vacant Asylum. I looked the words and I didn't know what's now? I searched long in Internet for international symbol of the Deaf or for something clue. But I couldn't find. Then again, I looking at the words and listening the music. Finally, after 20 minutes, I came to this forum for help. While my VS PC was trying load the page, came the spark. 'What a lame I am. It must be for piano'. So I galloped to the piano and played the song which's title Deaf Badge ;D.
There are some more but about those in the next round ;).

Benefit of search was I learned is planned a badge for the Deaf-'I'm deaf, not stupid'- how true.

I like these games, I always learn something by them. :)

persee1

I do not control any English, so I am very glad that this forum is open Selfdefiant before I could only read by google tracduction interposed help messages on the old site, I do not postais lack of wanting to subscribe on facebook or other, but since I do the games of our friend I learned many English words that allows me to understand
At the very beginning I wondered what it was these games, I found nothing, saw nothing, did not understand the tricks, I often bitched saying they had bugs, in fact it is I was a big bug. ;D
Though sometimes not exactly google translated sentences I manage to get out, so to finish games, sometimes alone or with assistance.
What is certain is that this forum is a good complement to the game site and a pleasure to come and meet all are fans. ;)

liltiger

IS THERE A REASON WHY WE DON'T GET GAMES ON WEEKENDS  MISS THEM

Erzsi

Maybe he has free day. I also miss them on weekends. You can't get tired of them. Neither the tricks. Have you noticed what do we carry with ourselves sometime? Hammer, planks, fishes, tyres etc. The items would be able to pull down our pants in real life  ;D. I say more. Can you imagine what would happen if it's skirt instead of trousers? No pockets. The number of items is reduced to 2.  ???

joy

Love the games all of the time but self defiant needs a rest time for him & his family  :)

selfdefiant

Yes indeed! I have a lovely wife and three energetic children that I love to spend time with. The nice thing about making games for a living is that I can always be with them each day and still complete my work. It's truly the greatest thing, and I am really grateful for it! Thanks to all of the players out there! I do need a small break from time to time or the games wouldn't be as great as they could be. That's the reason there aren't games on the weekends. I wish I had the time to make one for each day! 

frantic freddie

Quote from: Erzsi on July 18, 2014, 04:44:28 AM
Maybe he has free day. I also miss them on weekends. You can't get tired of them. Neither the tricks. Have you noticed what do we carry with ourselves sometime? Hammer, planks, fishes, tyres etc. The items would be able to pull down our pants in real life  ;D. I say more. Can you imagine what would happen if it's skirt instead of trousers? No pockets. The number of items is reduced to 2.  ???

I don't carry tires around (unless I have to change one :) ) but when I'm working on my house I carry a full tool belt, drill, hammer, tape, nails, screws, all kinds of implements of construction ;)

I always carry a Leatherman & a Swiss Army knife, gives me a small toolkit that I'm always finding uses for, like opening beers :D
Yeehaaw!

Erzsi

QuoteI always carry a Leatherman & a Swiss Army knife, gives me a small toolkit that I'm always finding uses for, like opening beers :D

OK. Then grass skirt and Leatherman & Swiss Army knife. And beer, of course.  Can bargain with me :).

And how about the fixed pockets in Survival Island? I had to leave the fishing rod because there was no more place. HOW CAN A WORM OCCUPY MUCH PLACE? I tried to staple it on the hook but I couldn't. Always crept back into its place  ;D.

Brigitt

Quote from: selfdefiant on July 20, 2014, 10:19:44 AM
I wish I had the time to make one for each day!

Say, how much time do you need on a little episode like the urban survival escape? I just have no idea, about that.
And are the games with fotos more ore less timeconsuming, as the cartoonlike games?

Brigitt

sorry, when I'm indiscret with my question.

I have absolutely no idea about this kind of work. Sometimes I think, that there might be much more time and labor to it, than anyone may think of! I hope it is not so!  :)

selfdefiant

Quote from: Brigitt on July 23, 2014, 12:50:23 PM
sorry, when I'm indiscret with my question.

I have absolutely no idea about this kind of work. Sometimes I think, that there might be much more time and labor to it, than anyone may think of! I hope it is not so!  :)
Sorry, I forgot to answer your question! It was ok, no problem! Most games take around 8 hours or so. Some take weeks! Not working continuously though of course! I make games for others as well and it takes up my time. If there were more of me there would be a lot more games! I have gotten better over the years at making games faster. It used to take a week to make a game now I can get one done in a day(small games). :)

Brigitt

Thank you for your answer Selfdefiant!

So it is thrue, that the work is huge in compare with the playtime of such a game.

The game, which has 99 rooms, must have take ages to work out. It was the one, that made me a fan of your games. I was in sickbed for nearly 3 weeks and that game was keeping me busy in a good way.

It is good, that you're around, doing all this nice games, making people a little bit happier with it.

selfdefiant

I'm glad that I am able to make such games that touch so many people in so many different ways. It is truly amazing for me! Thank you to all of my fans and critics!

Erzsi

I need some help. How do you know that there is a new game?
Okay I'm lagging behind because of the seven hour time difference, but bad to miss the live games :'(.

tes2u

Hi Erzsi, I am finding that he seems to post about 10 am each day which would be about 1630 or (4:30 pm) for you.  I  also found international sign for deaf but don't know how to get it to you. I Googled it, so you might try that as well.   ;D
tes2u