AAAUGH! Autoplaying video ads!

Started by Hannafate, November 01, 2014, 05:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannafate

I know your site is about the ads, but could you PLEASE stop with the autoplaying videos?  The only way I can play a game with those on, is to mute my computer.  That sort of spoils the game, you know?

I really enjoy your games, but this is just making me itch too much.

Storm

Welcome Hannafate as a newbie. I agree with you about the ads, I dislike them myself.  However, you should really consider premium membership to fully enjoy SD's gaming experience.

selfdefiant

Quote from: Hannafate on November 01, 2014, 05:24:20 PM
I know your site is about the ads, but could you PLEASE stop with the autoplaying videos?  The only way I can play a game with those on, is to mute my computer.  That sort of spoils the game, you know?

I really enjoy your games, but this is just making me itch too much.
I have no control over what ads play. I will try to see what I can do to get it fixed. Without ads, there would be no games. :(

tritek

good morning. i am glad to say i am a big fan of the selfdefiant creations, and i play,whenever i can. of late though just as a game is loading a game ad plops itself right in center screen ,runs its trailer ,then freezes. sure it will let me play that, but it totally blocks my sneaky games from loading. no matter how many times i refresh or open new tabs these game trailers pop up and in and stop me from being able to enjoy any of the challenges i want to try. is there any way to have the trailer run, and then disappear. frustrated,but undaunted. tritek.

selfdefiant

Quote from: tritek on November 18, 2014, 10:14:12 PM
good morning. i am glad to say i am a big fan of the selfdefiant creations, and i play,whenever i can. of late though just as a game is loading a game ad plops itself right in center screen ,runs its trailer ,then freezes. sure it will let me play that, but it totally blocks my sneaky games from loading. no matter how many times i refresh or open new tabs these game trailers pop up and in and stop me from being able to enjoy any of the challenges i want to try. is there any way to have the trailer run, and then disappear. frustrated,but undaunted. tritek.
Can you take a screen shot of this? I can block certain advertisers if I know who is doing this. I'm really sorry and thanks for understanding!