What is the largest puzzle challenge?

Started by Storm, August 17, 2014, 01:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

I want to know what fans think is the most largest and difficult puzzle?  Additionally, what they like or dislike about the puzzle.  For example, I found AxEnd to be the most difficult puzzle, but that is just me.   What I like about it is the challenge, because I believe AxEnd -" 90 rooms-worst nightmare-solve 9 mysteries to escape...it was the most difficult nightmare to escape!    SD I been a fan for more than a minute ...and AxEnd is largest and most challenging puzzle of all.  I enjoy the challenge, but wanted to know if other fans thought the same as I.  The objective and goals were different, we had to choose wisely of what to take from the store...ex...the map or the lantern, so many choices...so many clues and where do we use them to propel us towards escape...

Brigitt

As there is no other puzzle as big as this one, your question is a bit of fruitless. The only thing you will hear is, what experience others had with it.

I can only say, that Axend was exactly that game, which brought me to the ascape games, especially those from Selfdefiant.

Bevor that, I was never able to solve any ascape games at all, so that I had asked my self, wether they're serious games or only some kind of jokes.

When I noticed Axend, with so many rooms, I thought, that cannot be some kind of a joke! And because I had a lot of time during three weeks of sickness, I dived into it and was able to solve it - with help of the talks at the "ascape games 24" side. Than I solved all the other SD games and I am a fan ever since. All the others - not SD games - I still do not like so much.

There are lots of people, that have to stay at home, what ever the reason may be. For them is such a big game, like Axend is, a nice challenge for sure.

And all the others, that are already fans of SD games, would surely like to have such a large game once in a while.  ;)

Storm

Brigitt, you are right...I am sorry I did not phase the question correctly.  I wanted to know from others what they liked or disliked about the game, besides the many rooms and solutions needed to solve the mysteries to escape!  For me it was the sheer size, and navigation tactics...even thought it was a joke at first.   I agree SD games are very challenging..but all solvable...In my opinion the SD games are the best out there online.  I really like that everyday SD brings fresh views/themes, new tasks or favors in escapism...that what I like about SD games.  Thank you for your response.

Brigitt

Hello Storm,

I think, that the first challenge is by SD himself. He has to find that middle way between a challenging game to stay interesting and a solvable game to let people come back for more. By the way, that "Pro Escape" game is not solvable, at least not for me, because it has a bug. It is not a SD game. And that's why I appreciate it very much, that SD is staying around, when a new game has started. So it will never be an unsolvable SD game around, just because it has a bug.

As one possible answer to your question I was tempted to say, that I find it difficult, when there are two things to find in one room. But than I realised, that all those other escape games, I dont like so much, have lots of things to find in just one room. So it is a question of instinctive feeling, what is appropriate. It is only a challenge, when people where trained to find only one thing in a room and than to surprice them with two things for one or two times in a while. So is it also with other ideas. Because each game gives a kind of training to all those, who solve it.

Sorry, I had written the wrong game, that is having a bug! It is the "Pro Escape"

Storm

Brigitt, you are right!  I agree with your line of thinking ...SD games are so different from all the other escape games.  Believe me I play a lot of them, ABROY is one I do like..the game is very challenging, it's math that causes me to exit ...I get frustrated try for the solution.  Not so with SD games, and I have played just about all of his multiple times.  I go into his games knowing that I will be challenge, but know the puzzles can be solved...

For me, I am always looking for the unexpected twist in use of tools and when and where or how they will be used to solve the puzzles and escape. 

Furthermore, I like that SD tries to stay ahead of me, LOL  For example, collecting the orbs...I spent a lot of time collecting them, but I realize I don't need to collect them all to escape...an example Arendel.

SD Forum is the only one I have ever joined...I do so because I like his games, and enjoy reading the comments of those who love ESCAPE games. 

I appreciate your comments...truly

Yes, I almost forgot...Legendary Escape...I attempted to solve many times and gave up!...again, it's one from ABROY...I think it's insult when it says "games for smart people"...

Brigitt

Hello Storm,

I called the wrong game having a bug. Just now I wanted to see, where exactly the bug is and I noticed, that I had mentioned the wrong game.

In the Pro Escape you have to make a key of melted metal, I think. That is not possible for me to do. I viewed the walkthrough and cannot do it, as it shows. It has a bug.