Some southeast asian developer is a huge fan of your games!

Started by pixelhuntress, April 25, 2021, 03:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelhuntress

Check this out, obviously based on your camping/wilderness games, though they don't use a lot of hotspots. At least they used a squirrel instead of your adorable raccoon. He wants amount of "acorns" though they used hazelnuts. ;)

https://www.8bgames.com/g2l-van-escape/

selfdefiant

pixelhuntress

Yeah I can see how that would be more frustrating than flattering, since they're copying your original ideas, especially in countries like China where Flash is still allowed. I think is using html5 but not sure why it doesn't lag...?
Oh well, looking forward to your next game, hang in there!

Justine

I have seen some copies od SSSG games too, i remember one who uses the same photos but with another arrange of rooms and weird puzzles, but that was many years ago

1sky1heart

I feel very angry when this happens. Appropriation of other developers games is totally uncool. Not to mention extremely lazy. I don't suppose there's much that can be done to get something taken down if the content is using elements from SD's games, switching things around so it's not exactly the same game. If there's a comment section I would certainly and harshly point out that it contains original elements used by SD so that players can choose to opt out of playing. Maybe enough comments like this will deter other developers from copying SD games or using his stuff.

Some time ago I did find an exact copy of one of SD's games, accredited to another developer. I notified him by DM with the link to the game and it was removed. I was really happy when it was taken down. 

selfdefiant

Yes, I have found several of my games on Google Play with different names. I had them removed but it's exhausting trying to run them all down. I appreciate everyone looking out for me!