End of Adobe Flash Player support

Started by eagleman, June 19, 2020, 10:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagleman

Hello, probably you already knows it, but on the 31st of December 2020 Adobe will stop the support to Flash and Flash Player.
What will happen to all this kind of games?
Will they be converted in Unity Games or any other similar platforms? Will they simply stop to work?
It's only a legit doubt from a user.
Let me know.
Thanks for the reply.

selfdefiant

I'm not sure at the moment. I am looking for a new player that will play the games. Otherwise, I will have to create downloads for them and they can be played on your pc.

eagleman

Hello, Probably I found a solution for your problem. It's still in active development and probably unstable but it could be interesting. It's a Flash emulator called Ruffle and you can find on ruffle.rs website. I don't want to make a spam, promotional or any other kind of nasty post. It's only a suggestion that I hope could be useful for you. Let me know what you think about it.

selfdefiant

Thank you! I have seen this and I'm keeping an eye on it. :)

pixelhuntress

IDK if everyone's aware of this, but there's a free flash emulator and archive called Flashpoint, which already has lots of SD games saved on it. (sigh of relief!) You can download their entire inventory of over 70,000 games with Flashpoint Ultimate, a ginormous installation of 532GB :o, but their standalone player, Flashpoint Infinity, is 2GB installed. (still a lot, but you could save it on a flash drive or HD.)

They take suggestions, so we can all suggest our favorite SD's, but faves of mine like Sneaky Ranch were already uploaded! Not surprised, as it would hardly be a serious Flash archive without SD games.
Maybe eventually they'd eventually be willing to link to monetized games to help developers? Or host them somehow...

Anyway, I think it's a great resource and gives hope to us Flash game devotees. Their video trailer explains it all. Hope this link is ok to post- if not, please delete it. https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

selfdefiant

Thank you for posting this! I have been in contact with them and they should have almost all of my games. I will be working on something of my own as well so that all games can be downloaded and played offline. I will also be updating the site so it can make room for new games created with Unity. :)

pixelhuntress

Oh, that's great news! So relieved that SD games will be playable in a week!
Nice that you can convert to unity too. Sometimes I can play Unity browser games, but other times I can't, so hope you will offer a little tutorial on running it. (Sorry I clicked "smite" by accident, idk how to un-click it, so ignore. ::) )
Merry Xmas to you & your fam. :)