Puzzzled

Started by selfdefiant, November 27, 2017, 08:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdefiant

Puzzzled is a puzzle game, the object is to collect 5 gems. Each gem is hidden in a puzzle box. Solve each box to get the gem and head to the next level. Sounds easy right???

http://melting-mindz.com/Puzzzled.swf

Geminate

It was interesting, but why was everything so small in the play area?  The art leaves much to be desired.  You have been doing this sort of thing for over a decade and you are not improving artistically very much.  Many game makers hire artists when their skills fall short.  It would be nice to see some 3D objects in the items menu.  More animations and sound effects would be good.  I think producing 20 great games is better than producing 60+ mediocre games a year.  This isn't bad for a free game, but it is also not excellent.

MegaMan87X

Real fun puzzle solving cube series. That's one way to be 3 dimensional!
Jason Moore

selfdefiant

Quote from: Geminate on November 27, 2017, 08:58:45 PM
It was interesting, but why was everything so small in the play area?  The art leaves much to be desired.  You have been doing this sort of thing for over a decade and you are not improving artistically very much.  Many game makers hire artists when their skills fall short.  It would be nice to see some 3D objects in the items menu.  More animations and sound effects would be good.  I think producing 20 great games is better than producing 60+ mediocre games a year.  This isn't bad for a free game, but it is also not excellent.
Well, the quality of art is in the eye of the beholder. I feel confident and comfortable with my art style and yes, my art has improved over the years. No, I have not been doing this sort of thing for over a decade. This is a new concept and a new style in this game. This game actually took a lot of time to develop. I know, being a game player, you will never really appreciate any game in the way it should be appreciated. You didn't pour yourself into anything so how could you? Also, you do realize that most game companies have many people working on games, I have myself and for what I accomplish it is truly amazing. If you only knew. This isn't the first time you have criticized my games, and that's just fine but when you criticize things like my art, that's where you cross the line. Yes, there are far better artists out there, I do my best, I don't compete.

selfdefiant

Quote from: MegaMan87X on November 27, 2017, 10:04:06 PM
Real fun puzzle solving cube series. That's one way to be 3 dimensional!
Thanks! ;D