Vote for your favorite!!!!

Started by selfdefiant, April 10, 2014, 09:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frantic freddie

Quote from: NurseBilly on April 21, 2014, 11:58:33 AM
the fact that they aren't timed.

Gotta agree with that, (no offense intended SD), not my thing either.

I love the SSSG places too, I'm pretty sure I know what the places are & I sure wish we were rich enough to go there :D

Yeehaaw!

selfdefiant

I realize that some people don't like the timed games. I understand. I get nervous playing them too. Most of my games might have time for score but it isn't important to escape. :)

AxxL

Quote from: selfdefiant on April 22, 2014, 02:35:19 PM
I realize that some people don't like the timed games. I understand. I get nervous playing them too. Most of my games might have time for score but it isn't important to escape. :)

If you don't have the ambition to come high up on the score lists then it really doesn't matter if the times runs for hours or if you've done thousand clicks.
But for us who actually tries to beat the games as good as possible, it matters, and I prefer "clickie" games :)

Brigitt

Even if I like the beautiful appartments and beaches most, I play the other types of escape games with the same pleasure.

It's a healthy mix of all, that keeps things interesting! And for me it is just right, as it is now.

EscapeFox

Absolutely the Asylum games are my favorite....but I love them all!

Sharon3551

I love the beautiful house escapes. My Very Favorite!!

Storm

My favorites Asylum, Abandoned and Escaped in that order...the orbs are nice distraction as I try to solve the puzzles...I am loving the game!

AnnieK

I first really discovered SelfDefiant games through a few luxurious mansion Sneaky games. Then I noticed that he was also behind all of the best Flonga games I have previously played.

Then I started playing through all the mansion/Sneaky games going backwards in time. When I ran out of them all, out of desperation I started to play the Asylum games, although I never liked creepy games.

And now, having played through all SelfDefiant games, I just voted for my favorite game type...

...the Asylum games. And I still don't believe it, but there you are.  ;)

Many thanks for everything SelfDefiant!

Skink

I vote for SSSG, and not only because atmosphere.
Asylum engine have two disadvantages compare to SSSG:
1. Font on map is too large - if you write even medium-lenght words, each word takes the whole line.
2. Only 7 slots in inventory row is often not enough for tools (especially if there is also rose glasses and flashlight), and it is necessary to scroll inventory for necessary tool all the time. In SSSG there are 10 slots, and it is enough in 99% cases.
Thanks for the great series!

Erzsi

I like all types. They help me to keep my brain cells alive.  ;D

The real challenges there are in Asylum and Luxorious Mansion games, of course. Moreover, in that games I can go beautiful places, where I'll never get in my lifetime. And special thanks for you for these.  :)

By the way. I've been wanted to ask you, where the wonderful photos come from? They were made by your travels during? The Spy Guy such places use to relax?  ;)

selfdefiant

Quote from: Erzsi on July 12, 2014, 04:55:27 AM
I like all types. They help me to keep my brain cells alive.  ;D

The real challenges there are in Asylum and Luxorious Mansion games, of course. Moreover, in that games I can go beautiful places, where I'll never get in my lifetime. And special thanks for you for these.  :)

By the way. I've been wanted to ask you, where the wonderful photos come from? They were made by your travels during? The Spy Guy such places use to relax?  ;)
Thanks!! I wish I were visiting these places. Maybe soon! I find them on google and people send me some photos to use. :)

Erzsi

QuoteThanks!! I wish I were visiting these places. Maybe soon! I find them on google and people send me some photos to use.

:o Well, hard to believe.

But I'll try :).

Storm

My favorite type of games are the Asylum, especially Asylum Rehash.  Because for me, it was the longest and most challenging of all your games SD!  The ORBs are important, especially, if you don't know if you have to purchase the map, lantern, ect.. So I have to play close attention to details, timing is not an issue for me, but observation of details.  I would like the HO of ORBs, mainly because you hid them so well.  I find myself counting them, and taking the extra time to make sure I have them.  Of course, the Sneaky Coin is an incentive as well.  Overall, I enjoy you games, your keep the grey matter "thinking"...Alway, thank you SD.  Yes, I also agree with Erzsi comments.

tes2u

Quote from: selfdefiant on April 10, 2014, 10:46:35 AM
Quote from: micprop on April 10, 2014, 10:40:58 AM
I just love the Asylum games..I can't get enough of those orbs!
We were thinking of making an orb hunting game set in an asylum. Would this be fun????
I love hunting orbs.  Your Asylum and castle games are great as well.
How about an abandoned, blighted or run down town, industrial building, or even a construction site.  I think it's the sense of danger I like the most.  (see SD told you a lot of us loved the challenge to our brains!!)
tes2u

fuxx58

my favorite are the Asylum + Sneaky Games  8)